Monday, September 19, 2011

search for happiness

Back from the holiday with lots of nice emotions and feelings, which i want to share with you. Before i do this in my tomorrow's post (since I don't have any pictures with me now), i will tell you about the book I read during my autumn holiday break. This is a book by Francois Lelord - Hector and the search for Happiness. I think it's a perfect holiday reading, because pages flow nicely and easily and the emotions that come are just the same. 
'Hector...' tells you about the rules of happiness based on the authors personal experience. It sometimes reminds you a little bit of Alchemist, Little Prince and all the wise but simple books which I adore. Out of 21 rules of Happiness that Hector came up with, I love these ones the most:

Happiness often comes when least expected.
Happiness is being with people you love.
Making comparisons can spoil your happiness 
Happiness is a certain way of seeing things.

And with the last one I agree very very much. If you don't see things in a happy way, even a perfect evening with friends on a seaside and live music may not be something special for the ones whose glass is always half-empty.


PS. I truly recommend this book and this is what I want to read next:


No comments:

Post a Comment