Saturday, April 21, 2012

'warm welcome'

having lived in moscow almost all my conscious life, i have moved to tbilisi, georgia in 2009 where i have been living since then. apparently, those 3 years of life in tbilisi have changed me in much bigger scale than i could have imagined.

this thought came to me yesterday night, when i was thinking about my arrival back to moscow to stay here for several months till july.

so here is the story of my first day in moscow. having landed in domodedovo airport, i had the best welcome, organized by my friends - with vip lounge, many flowers and great emotions. but later something, i have absolutely become unused to, has made its own very special welcome - the attitude of russian people in stores/transport/streets.

before going home, i stopped for 10 minutes in a supermarket to buy water and some snacks for the morning. first rudeness came from the cheese lady, who didn't want to do her job and cut some cheese, all followed by some very rude words and intonations. the next one was at the queue. being in my 8th month of pregnancy it becomes more and more difficult to stand in huge 20 people lines, so having kindly asked the lady to let me have a quick buy of 3 products, i received an even more rude answer than from the cheese lady. and as a great ending - they wouldn't accept credit cards, because the terminals weren't working. in 21st century (!)

people, what is wrong with you? have you always been so 'friendly', or is it just me who didn't notice it before, since i haven't really seen any other attitude all my life? and please, don't tell me it's because of the hard life. people back in tbilisi are having much harder one i'm sure, but nowhere you can get such replies and emotions.

don't judge my post on being discriminatory, i think of myself as the national of both countries - georgia and russia, and having to deal with such attitude in your home country really leaves me disappointed.

waiting for my favourite class meeting tonight, it sure should give me some great laughs and emotions and erase all the bad ones from yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment