Thursday, October 17, 2013

a little brain wash for young-me

every time i need to lift up my mood, i reach for the 'memory' box, which i have been filling in since childhood. i keep old invitations, greeting cards, tickets, love letters ... and my diary, which i used to write between 1999 and 2003. i started when i was 13.

looking back at my old notes in the diary, i wish i could have had the chance to tell my young-me that all those things which i used to worry about then would eventually turn out so good. i would be successful at entering the university, i would enjoy studying there and have a pretty successful career path. i would like not only characters from Beverly Hills 90210, members of 5ive and boys from the school, but i would actually meet many interesting people and communicate with them without blushing and feeling awkward. that i would like pictures of me taken, and i would never hide away from the camera. i would make my young-me so much more confident if i could only have one small talk with her.

maybe this is the right thing to fix in our children, help them be more open and confident, by telling them how great they are and how even greater everything will turn out.




No comments:

Post a Comment