Thursday, May 19, 2011

splenderai

I stopped watching the Eurovision contest several years ago, when I realized that it was just a political show, or no, when I realized there were no songs to listen to. The songs were all the same and you couldn't get the difference between them. And honestly it was impossible to like them.

Neither did I watch the show this year. But wandering through YouTube, I decided to have a look at the video of the winners, about whom I'm not going to speak now. I will write about the second place. I saw the performance of Raphael Gualazzi and didn't go down the list anymore. It was a total surprise for me. How did it get to the Eurovision and why did it?? This guy is absolutely amazing. And it isn't just about my special connection with Italy and la lingua italiana, sax and piano. It is about the song and performance itself.

It's too bad YouTube doesn't have a repeat button!




No comments:

Post a Comment